Monday, January 7, 2008

So Much For Being a Slacker

Katherine read my syllabus and Assignment 1 course calendar (i.e. 1st four weeks) made notes, and sent them back. Now I've got revisions to make on those documents, and I've got to make them pretty quick since classes start next week.

Also in preparation, I'm taking a brief class on Wednesday about how to do things on Blackboard as an instructor. Blackboard is the university's online platform (or whatever the right word for it is) that lets instructors put up things like assignment guides, notes, reference materials, and discussion forums for use in class. It's pretty cool, in all honesty, and now I'll be able to structure it for my class. I just have to learn how, first.

I also have books to buy for the class I'll be taking. Scottish literature. I'm not incredibly excited. Though, I noticed that one of the books will be Trainspotting, so that could be cool. Now if only the bookstore would have the books, we'd really be in business.

Then, to top it all off, Jenny just told me I have to write something this month.

*Sigh* I guess that about does it for wearing PJs all day and doing little beside watch TV, read, and play with glass. Ah well, all good things must come to an end.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

It'll be interesting to compare the book of Trainspotting to the movie. I actually think Scottish Lit sounds like fun. But then I like pretty much anything Scottish.

Off the top of my head, you've got the potential for Robbie Burns, Sir Walter Scott, J.M. Barrie, Irvine Welch (Trainspotting), Alexander Trocchi (author of Young Adam, another Ewan McGregor movie) Arthur Conan Doyle, and Alistair MacLean. There are probably tons more that I can't think of. I don't know if MC Beaton is from Scotland or if she just sets some of her mysteries there.

Anyway, could be a fun class. Or a slog. Almost any class can go either way, depending on the instructor.

No pressure for the one you're teaching, though. You'll be brilliant. :-D

Jenny Maloney said...

Man, you didn't tell me you were revising for Katherine though. I'll take just a short, short story...;)