Monday, January 28, 2008

New Voodoo

Can you believe January has gone by so quickly? I surely can't. Seems like I was just unpacking from Mexico a couple of days ago and here we are, about to embark on February. Well, all right, let's get into it then.

My challenge to you for the following month is to change up your writing routine. Whatever your usual writing ritual may be, it's time to set aside the gravedirt and try something new (or, at least something you're not usually doing now).

Lately, I've been very much in the habit of typing on my computer instead of writing longhand, so this month my focus is going to be using all of these nifty notebooks that I've accumulated and covered with cardstock and and recycled calendar photos. I'm also thinking about acquiring a fountain pen to add some novelty to the month's challenge.

What's your usual writing routine? What could you do to change it?

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Interesting. I was just thinking about trying the longhand thing since I'm not having much luck with the computer. And after reading Neil Gaiman's blog, I thought about getting a fountain pen, too. They're kind of expensive, though. And don't have the nifty little cushiony stuff. And can be very messy. I went through a cartridge pen phase in high school. My fingers and half of my clothes had ink stains. But maybe.

Definitely longhand.

Jenny Maloney said...

Ha! I thought you said "challenge"--my whole routine is about to be shaken up...this should be a snap.

Ali said...

I've got my fountain pen.

It took a little bit of looking to find an inexpensive one, but I managed to get a $6 one at Hobby Lobby.

Well, Jenny, you certainly lucked out on this one.