Sunday, March 16, 2008

That Packs Idea...

Dan Lazar made a comment about good writers running in packs. Then there's that song that goes "It's a small world after all..."

The more I learn about the writers I like, the more I find out they're connected to other writers I like. It's remarkable. I fall in love with Terry Pratchett books, then find out about Neil Gaiman. I listen to GBS and TOFOG albums over and over again, then hear about Russell Crowe's latest project, which was produced by none other than Alan Doyle. It's a beautiful, twisty knot.

Lately, I've been watching episode after episode of Penn & Teller: Bullshit (a liberal dose of profanity and attention-grabbing gimmicks, but more often than not I do a lot of nodding when I watch). The other day Neil makes a comment on his blog about his friend Penn Jillette. Go figure.

P.S. If you haven't watched the show yet, I highly recommend it.

No comments: