Tuesday, March 18, 2008

SI 2007 Anthology Cover

In the next day or two I'm sending off the latest SCWP Summer Institute anthology to the publishers. This is the second one I've worked on and I'm really pleased with the way the cover turned out. Since I'm learning all of this from scratch, it's been a particularly interesting experience. This go 'round I played around more with the photo editing software and I'm more pleased with the manipulation for the cover.


One thing I'm also happy with about the two issues is consistency. Both are built out of two photos (one for the background, one for the focal) which came from various spots on-campus (the backgrounds from iron sculptures, the focal images from art on the campus buildings).



By way of comparison, here's what the last one looked like:

No comments: