Saturday, March 29, 2008

Conversations

"How are the thesis stories coming along? Or are you playing since it's spring break?"
-Deb

This week I've chatted with both Deb and Jenny about the thesis. In response to Deb's question, I said I'd written one complete thesis story and developed ideas for two more. Actually, now I've got ideas for three more. It's exciting. It's also funny that I didn't realize how much I'd gotten done until I told her. That's when I had my moment of "Hey, look at that."

With Jenny, we talked not only about the thesis, but also about the writers group. I've been thinking for a while now that maybe it's time to pull out. I find myself spending more and more time on other people's writing and less and less time on my own.

Then I got "A friendly reminder from your friendly neighborhood VP" e-mail from John. He seems to think that since my group dues are due, I ought to hand over money. Crazy.

Thus, we arrive at this morning and two decisions.
1. I'm withdrawing from the formal group and going to just do The Pirates now.
2. I'm shifting my approach to my goals this month.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments: