Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Philosophy: Making Use of The Terrible Class

Tonight I had to turn in a paper about my progress in the class. My first reaction was a sarcastic one, but I reminded myself that people who refuse to find what's useful in what they experience are those who tend to be less than useful themselves. After all, I give the Tuesday class a lot of credit for keeping up on my letters to Camii as well as giving me time to do my critiques for the group. See? Useful.

With that in mind, I tried to think about how doing the assignments in class will somehow pay off with my thesis. I've been talking a bit about how, in my head, magical realism and fairy tales are really the same thing after all. I talked about it a bit more, writing it down for class, and I've come to the conclusion that I haven't just been going through the motions. Okay, so there's been a lot of going through the motions, but I have gotten some good out of Tuesday nights.

Let's face it, one given as we go through life is that we usually find what we look for. I know it certainly holds true for me. That's why I get annoyed with myself when I realize I'm slipping into negativity. Like begets like, and all that.

So, let me ask this: What are you looking for?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cookies.

That's about it, really.