Monday, November 5, 2007

It's Done

Submit a poem, submit a TA application, it's all the same. Acceptance? Rejection? Who knows!

Well, I finally finished the teeth-pulling that was my application letter. Katherine suggested I keep most of the stuff from the last one, then add a "since my last application, here's what I've done" part. That part was easy, the first part (since I no longer have my last letter) was far more difficult. I've mentioned before that I hate writing sales pitches for myself, and nothing's changed since then: "I'm Super!" just isn't something I say often, because it's weird to do it unless one is an egomaniac, or Jenny (though they're not so mutually-exclusive). Just kidding, Jenny. Mostly. But hey, a bit more egomaniac in most of us wouldn't hurt, would it? Especially not in these circumstances.

So, the "I'm great" letter is done, and I think it came out pretty well. Of course, as they say with the proof and pudding, I won't know until we get the announcement of who got it. At least the turn-around should be quick, and it'll certainly be before Thanksgiving break.

Here's hoping for a quick verdict.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"I'm great" letters are weird. I know exactly how great I am, personally. I know how I fit on a great many scales of greatness. I know what level of misunderstood genius I have, and I know what level of UNDERSTOOD genius I have. I don't think I could express any of it very compellingly, though. I'll get someone else to do it.

Ali said...

Ooh, I volunteer. I'll write an all-about-Whit document. It'll be fun.

Unknown said...

Your eagerness unsettles me.

Go ahead, though. You can put it in your creative thesis. Label it "fiction".