Sunday, November 18, 2007

November Blur

I can't believe how quickly this month has gone by/is going by. Sheesh, the writers group meeting is this coming weekend already and I've barely touched the submission pile. So much for tackling it this week.

Thanksgiving is almost here, then comes the Christmas onslaught and before we know it, it's 2008. Whew. I better hurry up and figure out what December's challenge is going to be, because I haven't a clue yet.

I keep reminding myself that I have the whole week off of school, but the reality hasn't sunk in yet. Even so, thanks to calling in sick last night because of this pesky cold, I'm now rounding my second day of being home all day and I'm already getting restless. I don't do well with extended periods of time and nothing particular to do. This, despite my complaints of having no time all the time. Funny, isn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deep down, no one does great with extended period of unstructured time...

But hey! If you wanna come to my house at some point this week I'm sure we could find something to do. Paint a baby's room or something. Play hide-and-seek with the mess of kids that will be over.
Or something...

Ali said...

You know I'd love to come over and do manual labor for you, but since I have this cold and all, I'd hate to spread it around to the kids. I'm just lookin' out for you :)

Minion GIR said...

I find that people who are the busiest have the hardest time slowing down. You just get in that go-do-go-do mode. Sometimes you need to just "be". When you figure out how, let me know.