Thursday, November 1, 2007

Impending Terry Pratchett Binge

Today, in the midst of dashing madly about trying to get ready for the craft show tomorrow, I hit the library to pick up two Terry Pratchett books: Wintersmith and Making Money. Though I have yet to get a chance to open either, I'm pleased that they're in my grubby little hands and that I've read neither. New Pratchett!

Tomorrow is chaos and exhaustion. Friday is much the same. Saturday I have off. I have grand plans for Saturday, which include sleeping a lot, watching Scrubs and The X-Files, and possibly making a pumpkin pie.

That leaves me with Sunday wide open. I'm thinking it'll be the perfect time to ignore everything, settle into a chair, and see if I can read one of these books in a day. I should really try to get that pie made, because I think it'd go excellent well with a Terry Pratchett book. Mmm... Pratchett book...

3 comments:

Minion GIR said...

Sounds like fun. Pratchett and pumpkin. Maybe I'll bake some gingerbread and read a little Neil Gaiman. Or apple cake and read Margaret Atwood. Or shortbread and Safran Foer.

This is fun.

Jenny Maloney said...

Or chocolate and anyone...

The One and Only John said...

Or an aged bottle of Pauillac Bourdeaux Chateau Latour and a Garfield coloring book. But, only if the wine came from grapes on the western slopes, in the third row, towards the middle, otherwise the pairing is completely wrong.