Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Office

Since I found out about getting the TA, I've been wondering where I'd land for my office hours. My options were a cubicle in the bullpen or an actual office, either of which would be shared by my co-TA. I also wondered if I/we would just end up in the SCWP office. Turns out it's that last one. Rick's off to cube land and I'm sticking around in the office I already spend oodles of time in.

I gotta say, I'm really excited to have an actual office to use. Doors that close are awesome, so too will be the use of the table in the office for conferencing with students. A spot to spread out a bit which none of the other offices (and definitely none of the cubicles) have.

Now I've just got to look over two books of essays and coordinate with Rick to decide which one we want to use (we've got to be in sync) by early next week. I've currently got four books and two CDs sitting on the desk, all materials to use/look over for the TA. It almost feels like Christmas came early.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ali, Ali, Ali...

You're sounding like a teacher already. To think, it was like yesterday when we were being instructed ourselves on how badly our grammar was used by ourselves.

Wait, that was yesterday.

Ali said...

Hah, grammar. Run-on sentences are still my Kryptonite.

Minion GIR said...

So, how much of the demon will be unleashed in the classroom? All of the Pirates (well, most of us) love that part of you. But do you think Freshmen can handle it? Could be a fun experiment.

Ali said...

I don't know how demon-y I'll be with my comp. students. It's a bit different when, instead of making threats at Jenny if she doesn't finish FJR in time for me to get the last chapters on Monday, I just tell everybody that if they don't write the paper, it comes off their grade.

I do expect my horns will probably show through at least a little, though.