That said, let me introduce the contestants and lay out the terms.
Me, of course
Jenny, of the CWC
Deb, also of the CWC
and B. Freret, who is a mysterious figure I've only met via the internet
- The contest will begin at midnight on Monday, September 14th.
- During the contest, the goal is simple: write a lot of words. Those words will all go toward a specific, unified project (I'll be working on Cass).
- If, during the contest, someone finishes their project - i.e. they've wrapped up their novel - then they start on their next project. However, the word count does not include miscellaneous stuff like personal e-mails, blog posts, etc. If it's not in the novel/story collection, it doesn't count.
- Also, obviously, only words written during the contest itself count.
- During the contest, each contestant will keep a running word count on their respective blog.
- The contest will end on Sunday, September 27th. Given consideration for UGWP responsibilities/dinner, I'm going to make the deadline 12:00 noon.
- No later than 12:01 p.m. on the 27th, each contestant will e-mail the others what they've written.