Thursday, December 6, 2007

WGA Strike

I realized I haven't commented on the strike at all. Whups.

If you're not familiar with the jist - the screen writers want more money. To make matters worse, they want things like royalties off of "new media" such as on-demand online viewings of shows/movies. Those greedy bastards!

Bottom line: the studios are making money by taking advantage of new technology, then denying a (decent) cut to those who made it possible for the studios to make that money in the first place.

The writers totally get my support. While it's depressing to think of all the nifty shows that are now/soon-to-be on-hold due to the strike: Heroes, Dexter, Echo... I can wait. Besides, most of the TV I watch anyway is shows that are no longer on the air which come to me via my mailbox. I've got almost two more seasons of Angel to go, plus more Six Feet Under and X-Files to tide me over. I can be patient.

1 comment:

Tony said...

Not having Dexter terrifies me...Dexter is my favorite show almost ever...