Sunday, December 9, 2007

Literacy Portfolio

As soon as I finish putting together my literacy portfolio for Katherine's class, the semester is over. Then it's on to writing my syllabus and the first portion of my class calendar for Comp. 101.

I'm struggling.

It all comes down to one question: What do I know about how writing works?

I've taken two semesters of writing theory now. All I have to do is answer one question. I started writing one part of the portfolio, my position paper wherein I say what's what. I've got three pages of a 3-5 page paper and I haven't even begun to answer it. This does not bode well.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Have you read Nancy Atwell's "In the Middle?" It has some really good insights...

Ali said...

I haven't. I'll make a note of it, though.

A couple of good ones we read were "You Gotta Be the Book" and "Beginning to Read and the Spin Doctors of Science."