Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Endings: Literacy Portfolio, Part 3

Along with the dancing with the dwende philosophy of writing, my other favorite is the philosophy of writing as "the greater conversation." That idea and "multi-genre is cool" are the cornerstones of what became my position paper. Add in the cyclical nature of things, where everything we ever write is, in one way or another, a result of something we've read, and voila! four and a half pages later, you have my argument.

I briefly considered putting up my whole paper here to satisfy y'all's curiousity, but it's longish and I saved it wrong. Gotta love those blonde moments.

I can hardly believe the semester's over now. What am I going to do with all this sudden free time? All I'll have to do is read my comp. 101 book, create a syllabus, and develop my first assignment sequence by the end of next week (so it's done and off to Katherine before I go on vacation). Piece of cake, right?

Otherwise, my agenda for the next few days includes stopping by the library to load up on just-for-fun books, cooking lots, having some folks over in honor of the impending holiday, and watching plenty of TV. Oh boy, I love break.

No comments: