Thursday, May 15, 2008

Monday Already

"Are you ready to submit on Monday?"
-Deb

Answer: Uh, no.

A while back, Jenny read an article about a novel writers group. She said, "Cool." Then she talked to a few of us who are working on manuscript-length stuff and said, "Wanna?"

Idealist that I am, I said, "Sure." Then I volunteered to go first.

One of these days I'll learn.

I keep reminding myself how good this will be for me, how much I'll accomplish with the scary deadline there to motivate me, and how much I'll have to show for the pain, sweat, and blood. I keep thinking, "Stupid Jenny for talking me into this."

2 comments:

Jenny Maloney said...

Nuh-uh, no blamey blamey. I pointed at the evil magazine article and said looky. The rest just kinda happened. The evil ideas are not my own and right now I'm panicking with my own deadline...and it's a month after yours.

Plus! I have to do the round story. Plus! I'm going to be doing the reading for the Sunday group plus! this group. I'm feeling a bit masochistic at the moment...and sweaty.

(for those who aren't getting it: basically, Ali has to produce at least 50 pages by Monday--the goal is to get her thesis all the way done...tee hee.)

Should we have spent less time 'retreating'? (Much love!)

Ali said...

:)

I only curse your name out of love, I promise.