Friday, May 2, 2008

Defiantly

Well, my comp. class is officially all over. I got to the classroom bright and early at eight o'clock this morning, only to find we were locked out. Thankfully, the Student Support Services office let us use their tutoring room. *Note to self, get combo for room so that next time I can still get in*

Instead of a final exam, my class did final portfolios. Basically, we're talking about a comprehensive project that sums up everything they did over the semester. That in and of itself is an interesting concept. How do you sum up four months of writing? I've just started on the portfolios and, like all the other reflections I've had the class write, they're very interesting. It's neat to see what comes out when the student takes all of their work, puts it together and then says, "This is what I got out of it, and this is where I stand now."

On a side note - one of the most hilarious things I've noticed this semester has been a typo. I've had one student who's done it the most, but it seems to have spread like a contagion. Why is "definitely" so hard to spell? It makes me chuckle to read something like, "I defiantly agree with this author."

Now I have a dozen portfolios to read and final grades to submit by Monday. And that is that. Nothing more to see here. Well, until fall semester, at least.

No comments: