Monday, April 28, 2008

Yeah, but What Do I Say for Twenty Pages?

I've been putting off my Scottish Lit. paper and trying to figure out just what I'm going to talk about in it. I made some noties, got some ideas, and wrote four pages. Now I find myself in the land of frustration. I need sixteen more pages of insightful analysis.

I know exactly what songs I want to talk about, but I'm struggling with the talking about them part. One song is "Sail Those Same Oceans" by TOFOG. Right now I've got:

Another song which not only echoes, but exemplifies this identity loss is “Sail Those Same Oceans,” an original song by Thirty Odd Foot of Grunts:
Sailor's coming home again
From over the ocean
He's been away so long
He's forgotten his name.
Here the lyrics explicitly focus on the connection between life at sea and the loss of name.


That's just about all I can think of right now to say about the song. My point is made, isn't it? It's pretty explicit, right? So, now what?

Ugh. The down side, which is simultaneously the up side, is that it's due tomorrow. I'd better figure it out real quick, oughtn't I?

1 comment:

Jenny Maloney said...

Sooo, what'd ya come up with?