Wednesday, April 16, 2008

And Then It Was Over (Almost)

Everything is strangely in-synch this month. The semester is drawing to a close, and my students are getting ready to tackle their final portfolios; the Hungry Eye is nearly ready to pring; and I've got two SCWP anthologies being printed almost right on top of each other.

Today I check the SCWP e-mail account and find a message from the printer: "This is Fidlar Doubleday and we would like you to know that your books fortitle 'WRITE ON' shipped yesterday via UPS. The scheduled delivery of thebooks is April 18, 2008. If you would like to track your packages the number is..."

I'm excited all over again to see a book I've made (or at least compiled, edited, formatted, and made a cover for). In theory we'll have them by Friday. Yesterday someone asked me what I want to do after I graduate. I told her about my work on the anthologies and how I thought that type of work is fun. Now the trick is figuring out how to make a job out of it.

No comments: