Sunday, October 28, 2007

October's End

So, the challenge this month was to get out of the house and I did. Twice. Once all my own, once with a number of people from the group. I didn't accomplish what I had hoped I would for this month, I still don't have a finished draft of the La Llarona story. A bit frustrating. However, I did meet Jenny's yearly rejection challenge and make productive use of my time in the terrible class by starting The Rose Story (I really have to come up with a name for that one, but it's 2:00 a.m. right now and I just don't have it in me).

I think next month's goals are going to be more modest than those of late. This is that magical time of the semester when demands go up and energy starts slumping. A less-than-ideal combination and one that provides much enticement for slowing down a bit where I can to make up some slack for where I can't. Anyhow, it's late and I've still got to get my copies of Albatross collated (damn campus printer) and stapled in the morning, which will be no small thing as this is a longer story and I'll be tired. It's that 2:00 a.m. thing, mostly.

There are times when working at a bar is highly over-rated. This week has been one of them. At least it's over and, after Wednesday, Halloween will be too.

4 comments:

Jenny Maloney said...

While I haven't looked at "Albatross" yet, I do have to say, that in spite of being tired, the pages are in order and it is stapled beautifully. Lovely presentation.

And don't sweat making goals lighter. It's just how it has to go sometimes. As long as you bust your ass in January...=)

Jenny Maloney said...

While I haven't looked at "Albatross" yet, I do have to say, that in spite of being tired, the pages are in order and it is stapled beautifully. Lovely presentation.

And don't sweat making goals lighter. It's just how it has to go sometimes. As long as you bust your ass in January...=)

Jenny Maloney said...

Okay, I don't know what just happened, but apparently blogger really liked that last comment...

Minion GIR said...

And sometimes giving yourself a lighter month can actually help you achieve more. It's the whole relaxing thing.

In either case, you've been really cranking out the work lately and deserve an easier month.