Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Some Highlights

"I'm not a microwave. I'm a crockpot."
-John (Talking about writing process, a la my fermentation comment - apparently a crockpot is a more wholesome writing analogy than rotting)

"Sign my green bean."
-Jenny (Talking about the possibility of Joss Whedon being the keynote speaker at a local writing conference dinner)

"She didn't used to be like that."
-Shane (Re: my demonic nature)

"We all have to be someone's demon."
-D.B.

"Red heads are always whores or bitches."
-Fleur

"My neice, who's sixteen, came to the house at seven o'clock in the morning because JC Penney's was opening. This was very exciting."
-Mary (Talking about a recent trip back to her hometown, which is small)

I have to say, these people I know are just slightly off-bubble. Just ever so little. Great fun to hang around and chat with, though. Alas, with school beginning soon and a Monday class, I doubt I'll be seeing the rogue gang again any time soon. I always love it when the new semester starts and all of a sudden the life is sucked out of all my nights. It's great.

2 comments:

D.B. deClerq said...

I missed the green bean quote. Thanks for sharing.

The One and Only John said...

Hang on there, I've been using the crockpot analogy since before I knew how to write.