Monday, August 6, 2007

August Challenge: Get Moving

"Uh oh."
-Deb, in reference to me doing challenges. Don't worry, I'm limiting them to monthly. I promise.

In talking about walks as pre-writing, I got warmed up to the idea. I think that sounds like a good challenge.

So, this month, here's what I want to you do: get off your tush and do something. The key to this challenge is that you have to do something that gets you physically moving and that it has to be something where your mind can roam - so nothing where you really have to concentrate on what you're doing, and nothing where you have built in distractions, i.e. go for a jog without the headphones.

Also, you should do it alone. If someone else is with you, you'll be chatting, not pre-writing. However, pets don't count, so walking the dog would be a great example of something to do. Otherwise, maybe it's time to tackle the dust bunnies under the couch, knead some bread, fly a kite, go for a swim, ride your bike, put a new coat of paint on the house, wash the car, or just go for a walk. Whatever you're keen on, just go do it and think about your next story, poem, or novel chapter. See what happens.

No comments: