Monday, February 4, 2008

Theory of Relevance: It's All About Poetry

There's this idea that says when something becomes significant to you, you become more aware of it and therefore notice it everywhere. It's like when I got my car last year and suddenly I was seeing Chevy Cavaliers all around me.

This month, after making the conscious decision to free up my writing, I started writing poetry.

E-mail announcement a couple days ago: it's time for the annual Southern Colorado Women's Poetry Contest, now accepting entries from university students and the community at large.

Shawn stopped by the SCWP office today to pick up some things and we got to talking about her thesis. She's doing a creative one - poetry.

Flyer in the Psych. building: Poetry Slam on campus Wednesday night, open mic.

I can't open my eyes without seeing poetry somewhere. It's got me surrounded! I just may have to check out the Poetry Slam, though. Could be fun... or painful, we'll see.

No comments: