Friday, February 8, 2008

Out of Town Pages?

Last night at the Pirates meeting, D.B. told us all about these programs where, if your application is accepted, you can go hang out at a National Park for free for a week or so just to write. I think it'd be awfully cool.

I've actually been thinking about doing something kinda along these lines (though without the free part) in May. When I went to Estes Park last year, I really liked it. The timing of going in May is great too, thanks to sparce tourists and cottage discounts.

As effective as I've found that getting out of the house for an hour or two to do some writing at the coffee shop is for me, I think that having a whole weekend of the same could be especially productive. Not to mention the walks I can take, the ice cream I can sample, or the cool rock shop that I'd really dig checking out again.

We'll see what happens, May is still a bit of a ways off.

No comments: