Thursday, March 19, 2009

"ould" Edits

I'm working on draft three of "When Bridgette Went Into the Water" right now. It's taken me a while to figure out how to approach revising it, but now I've finally decided and progress is going well. Among larger, more global, changes, I've also noticed a need to weed out a large number of words ending in "ould." Sometimes they serve a purpose, but usually they're just in the way. I didn't realize how many of them I had in this story until today.

"She could feel..." and the like have cropped up all over.

Well, a little bit of CTRL+F and now it's less of that and more "She felt..." which is much nicer.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Finding is good. Oh yeah. I've found that I like '-ness' words.

B. Freret said...

I have an unhealthy relationship with "-ing" that I'm trying to quit. DAMN IT, I did it again.