Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Choose Your Own Adventure

After proposing a new challenge every month, I find myself out of ideas. I'm so wrapped up in current writing projects that all I can think of challenge-wise is page count, and that's not at all interesting.

Rather, what is an infinitely more interesting idea is to have an entirely different type of challenge this go 'round. I hereby challenge you to come up with your own challenge for this month. Think of something bold, daring, innovative, and/or uncomfortable to try this month. Then, post your personal challenge in the comments. It's just not fun unless you're accountable.

So, what do you challenge yourself to do this month? What brave feat are you going to attempt?

4 comments:

Minion GIR said...

Okay, you got me thinking. Always a scary prospect. I like word/page count as much as the next person. Maybe more. But it's not working as a motivation for me these days, and I think I know why.

So even though my 'officle' [inside joke] goals are set around page count, my challenge to myself this month is to gain a little balance in my life. I just said to DB that all I seem to do is work and then write or attend writing-related events. So more time for exercise, reflection/meditation and just plain old fun.

Wow! It's amazing how my mind immediately balked at the plain old fun one. Which means it's out of practice. I'll let you know how I do.

Ali said...

Rock on, Deb. You get bonus points, too, for being the first one to respond.

Jenny Maloney said...

Right now, my challenge is just to write something. I just started a second job and am working like 50+ hours a week between the both of them, plus travel time. So I'm figuring out my schedule this month. Thank goodness I don't have to submit to the CWC this go-round. I'd be screwed.

Ali said...

Hang in there, Jenny. Remember that it's temporary.