Sunday, July 6, 2008

I May End Up Regretting This

For a while, I've had a vague idea that one day I'd write about working in a bar. A number of people on different occasions have also thought this'd be a good idea. Today, I figured out the characters, bar layout, and general plot arcs of just such a story. Except, it's not a story, it's a novel.

And, with my next CWC deadline quickly approaching, and a general lack of pages of pages on my end, I really need to get in gear to get my 50 pages ready for my next submission. Except, I decided that today would be a good day to write the first scene of the bar novel.

Deadline? What deadline?

Now if only I could decide what to call the novel. Brainstorm:
Zen and the Art of Pretending to Like People
18 Koans for Cocktailing
The Universal Rules of Beer Wenching
Enlightenment and Girly Martinis
The Saturday-Mornings-at-Dusty's Club
Fate and Tequila

It might be too early in the game to settle on a title quite yet, but are there any you guys like?

4 comments:

The One and Only John said...

The Universal Rules of Beer Wenching.

Hands Down.

Minion GIR said...

Yeah, that's the one that caught my eye first. Number 1 as a second choice.

Jenny Maloney said...

Zen was my fave. Then the Beer Wenching.

Ali said...

Ok, now I'm thinking "Zen and the Art of Beer Wenching"