Thursday, August 7, 2008

Now I Guess I've Got To

After I put up a recent post on this blog, Deb said she'd race me to catch up, and then a certain person thought it would be cute to send me an e-mail which started, "DID YOU GET ANY PAGES DONE YESTERDAY?!? HUH? DIDJA? DIDJA?" and ended with an inquiry about my ability to get my page count up to 15 by the end of the week.

Well, you put those two together and it sounds like a challenge to me, and as has probably become apparent through this blog, I have a difficult time backing down from a challenge.

Now, I was going to let it slide, I really was, but then I figured out the second part of my issue with the next bit of the novel (basically that there was no rule against skipping ahead a couple of months in the timeline) and so I sat in front of my computer and started typing.

Before I knew it, I had two days worth of page count and I started thinking about the above comments. And how can I let it slide now that I've got some pages? Yeah, not gonna happen.

15 pages by Sunday? It is so on.

(P.S. I'm going to hold to 15 pages, even though my goal is 2 pages a day and that times two weeks equals 14. Obviously, some people can't do math.)

4 comments:

Minion GIR said...

Hmm, cajoling (nice word for nagging) and math deficiencies? Who could that be?

I can beat 15 pages by Sunday. Let's see who can rack up the most.

Minion GIR said...

Hang on a blinking minute. Caffiene just kicked in. Speaking of math challenged:

Sunday is the 10th day of the month. 10 x 2 = 20 pages. If you are taking weekends off, then you have 6 business days in August between the 1st and Sunday or 12 pages.

Yeesh.

Ali said...

Ok, ok. Here's the math: I'm counting it as two weeks 'cause I don't start my challenges on the exact first day of the month. Thus, 7 days X 2 pages each = 14 + 1 = 15.

Or, whatever. The point is, I'm going for 15 pages by Sunday. It's just that there's no way to get 15 by multiplying by 2, and that was my point.

Minion GIR said...

Ah.