Monday, August 4, 2008

Why Demons Are Good

Here I am, almost a week in on the 2 page a day goal. As you may have noticed, my page count on the sidebar hasn't changed.

Only two pages a day. Shouldn't be hard. Shouldn't be hard at all. Is proving otherwise.

My difficulty is deciding what the next arc will be. My first CWC submission pretty much consisted of the starting arc - you know, introduce the people and get Jess started working at the bar. Easy, everything has a logical progression. Then, later, I have other plot arcs already decided on, but it's still too early to start on those, so I've gotta figure out the arc that comes in betwixt.

If I had the pressure of a close deadline, I'd figure it out quick. Without, though, I'm lagging. Crap. Need more pressure.

6 comments:

Minion GIR said...

We could institute flogging.

Except I haven't made my 2-page a day goal except for on Friday.

Race you to catch up!

Ali said...

But, what about your head start? No fair :(

I'm just glad I'm not the only one having a tough time coming off that crazy two week burst.

The One and Only John said...

You do know the more time you spend talking about how you're not writing is more time you're spending not writing, right?

Jenny Maloney said...

Ahh, but since she's *writing* about not writing, not *talking* about not writing...does that mean she's still writing? Or not?

Yeah, and Ali? Get to work.

Marie D-W said...

All right, you guys. Maybe this verbal flogging is helping me at any rate. You've got me writing earlier in the month than I usually do. Next, I'll be doing the 2 page a day goal as well. What happened to my safe comfortable routine? I guess you all shake it up.

Ali said...

Wow. When I put up that post I thought maybe one person would jump on it, I never imagined you ALL would.

Ah, it's nice to be... loved? I promise, your encouragement/nagging will not go in vain.