Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Learning Stuff Month

This month, in honor of Fred, I've been all about trying and learning new things. Lots of explorations. It was fun, and I think I've lived up to the example he set.

During May I went on a few adventures, like a road trip to the edge of the state to see Camii get her bachelor's in Psychology. I'm still getting used to the idea of my brother also being a graduate, and now a lieutenant, no less.

From the library, I got a few books to brush up on my art history. This week I checked out two local clubs - one for chess, one for photography - and know that each have things to teach me. I even learned some chess strategies already and my timing was such that I have a chance to have some photos in an art show.

I also went to see some jazz, firmed up plans to help my brother move in July, and had a birthday.

Not too shabby, I think. Cheers, Fred.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wow. I'm impressed. And possibly inspired.